Accept an Internship
Confirm these details from your internship host:
- What projects can I contribute to significantly?
- How will I assist with the day-to-day operation of the organization?
- What kind of training will I receive?
- What kind of supervision will I have?
- How many hours may I work each week? (Make sure you know how many hours and for how many weeks you need be on your internship site to work in order to complete your internship requirements!)
Secure permission from your academic department and make sure your internship can count for academic credit.
Complete the Internship Contract which your department will provide. The Internship Contract needs to be signed by the internship host, your academic department and by you.
Know that you have insurance coverage once you are enrolled for an internship. You are automatically added to the list of students covered for that semester or summer session(s) in the Appalachian State’s professional Liability Insurance plan.
The fee for this coverage is $10 and is billed through your student account.